Jackelyn Medina Celiz is a University of Florida student studying abroad during the spring of 2019 in Vicenza, Italy. To learn more about Jackelyn’s program, click here: UF in Vicenza-Architecture
- What is your year and academic concentration?
I am a fourth year here at the University of Florida majoring in Architecture Design with an interest in landscape architecture.
- Have you traveled abroad before? If so, where and for what purpose?
I have traveled to Peru multiple times for a wide period of time, mostly because of family but also recreational. I have lived for 10 years in the jungle, and overtime I go back I explore more deeply the city of Moyobamba; I have been in the coast of Peru (Lima) & the mountain region (Aquas Calientes, Cuzco – Machu Piccu). I have also visited Costa Rica for vacation with my parents, mostly San Jose.
- Have you studied abroad before? If so, where and what did you study?
I have not, this is my first time!
- Where are you studying abroad and why did you choose to study there?
I will be going to Vicenza, Italy. I chose Italy because it was a great opportunity and something out of my comfort zone and I want to expand my knowledge in architecture as well as culture.
- What are you most looking forward to during your study abroad program?
Expanding my knowledge culturally and architecturally, also using what I learn to create new designs and share the benefits of traveling and studying abroad to those who want to know more information about it.
- What are some of your interests and hobbies?
I’m really interested in the different cultures, art, the different food. I love to read, write and draw anything that catches my eye. I love helping people and I strive to design spaces that will benefit the mental health of a person.
- Anything else you would like us to know about you? I love to make vlogs as well and just recording my life. I love this world so much and I want to spread love anywhere I go with my art and my personality.