Paulina Narvaez is a University of Florida student studying abroad during Fall 2017 in Lyon, France. To learn more about Paulina’s program, click here: USAC – Lyon.
- What is your year and academic concentration?
I am a second year with a dual major in French and Marketing.
- Have you traveled abroad before? If so, where and for what purpose?
I’ve spent the summers of 2015 and 2016 in France. In 2015, I studied international relations with Tufts University as a junior in high school in Annecy. In 2016, I was an au pair/nanny to 3 French children in the French Alps. Before my time in Europe, I had only traveled to Mexico and the Dominican Republic to visit family.
- Where are you studying abroad and why did you choose to study there?
I chose to study French in Lyon because I found the city to be charming and vibrant. It also happens to be a train ride away from the Alps which I adore to visit.
- What are you most looking forward to during your study abroad program?
I’m looking forward to improving my French and meeting new people.
- What are some of your interests and hobbies?
My interests include running distance and eating French food.
- Anything else you would like us to know about you?
During my stay in Lyon, I plan to run the half-marathon in the city.