Michelle Zhao is a University of Florida student studying abroad during Summer B of 2017 in Vienna, Austria. To learn more about her program, click here: WU – Vienna University of Economics and Business – Int’l Summer University.
- What is your year and academic concentration?
I am a first year graduate student in UF. My majors are Accounting and Finance.
- Have you traveled abroad before? If so, where and for what purpose?
Yes. I am an international student. China is my hometown.
- Have you studied abroad before? If so, where and what did you study?
Of course, I finished my basic education in Shanghai.
- Where are you studying abroad and why did you choose to study there?
I am studying abroad in Vienna, Austria. I chose Vienna, which is one of the countries in the EU. As we all known, EU is a very important economic entity in the world. In times of globalization and internationalization, as a student focus on international business, I am familiar with Asia and North America, but, I didn’t know much about Europe. I felt it is important to get a good education and have a trip in Europe to broaden my horizon.
- What are you most looking forward to during your study abroad program?
University WU, with its well-structured curriculum, is a perfect match with my academic background. The faculty all have profound entrepreneurship, global experience and leadership knowledge, which are the skills I am looking for to develop. In addition, there are some exciting tours of Vienna City and other EU countries with the classmates.
- What are some of your interests and hobbies?
Reading, writing, cooking and walking.