Elle Gough is a University of Florida student studying abroad during Summer B of 2017 in India. To learn more about her program, click here: UF in India – NGOs & Development.
- What is your year and academic concentration?
Junior/International Studies & Anthropology Double Major/French Minor.
- Have you traveled abroad before? If so, where and for what purpose?
Yes; My family used to take winter vacations to Canada!
- Have you studied abroad before? If so, where and what did you study?
Yes; I studied in Lyon, France spring semester of 2016 for an Intensive French Language program.
- Where are you studying abroad and why did you choose to study there?
I am studying abroad in India for the UF in India NGO & Development program. I choose this program based on the coursework it offered, as ideally I would like to work in the non-profit sector focused on International Development.
- What are you most looking forward to during your study abroad program?
I am most looking forward to the culture in India-throughout our program, we will be visiting both the North and the South of India, and I am extremely excited to see the cultures of both areas-the lifestyles, the markets, the language, and the food (because who isn’t excited for the food on their study abroad program?).
- What are some of your interests and hobbies?
I love everything that has to do with nature and the outdoors-hiking, kayaking, rock climbing, enoing (even though auto correct doesn’t yet recognize that as a verb). I also love the general Joann’s arts n’ crafts, which I deem to include sewing, knitting, painting.