Natalie Guzman Patricio is a University of Florida student studying abroad during Summer B of 2017 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. To learn more about her program, click here: UF in Rio – Language and Culture.
- What is your year and academic concentration?
First Year Public Relations and Philosophy Double major with a minor in Portuguese.
- Have you traveled abroad before? If so, where and for what purpose?
Because my parents are both international, I have traveled abroad many times. Most summers were spent with my family visiting a new destination or seeing distant relatives in either Brazil or Mexico. Some highlights have been visiting the Fjords in Norway and Mykonos in Greece.
- Have you studied abroad before? If so, where and what did you study?
I have not studied abroad before, but I am excited to start.
- Where are you studying abroad and why did you choose to study there?
I’m studying abroad in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. I first heard about this study abroad through my Portuguese professor Andrea Ferreira and I realized that through this study abroad I could learn more about the country I was born in and the people in it.
- What are you most looking forward to during your study abroad program?
I’m most looking forward to interacting with the people that live in Rio De Janeiro, from my host family to the other locals.
- What are some of your interests and hobbies?
I love watching movies and embroidering. Another huge interest for me is music, especially music from all different countries.
- Anything else you would like us to know about you?
Just that I am so grateful to be able to share this experience with others and that I hope I encourage people to consider studying abroad.