Tristessa Arthur is a University of Florida student studying abroad during Summer C of 2017 in Beijing, China. To learn more about her program, click here: UF in Beijing – Internship (Chinese Commerce and Culture).
- What is your year and academic concentration?
I am a fourth year Marketing major and Women’s Studies minor. I will be graduating in August 2017.
- Have you traveled abroad before? If so, where and for what purpose?
I have only traveled to the Bahamas before to stay with my dad as he sailed when I was 10.
- Have you studied abroad before? If so, where and what did you study?
I have never studied abroad.
- Where are you studying abroad and why did you choose to study there?
I am interning abroad in Beijing, China with a marketing and communications firm for high end real estate. I chose Beijing because I have always wanted to travel to Asia, I get the opportunity to work and not take any courses, and China is the mecca for business, my chosen field.
- What are you most looking forward to during your study abroad program?
I am most forward to the new perspective I will gain from travelling to a completely different culture. I am also excited about my internship and learning more about business and real estate. I am definitely excited for the food too!
- What are some of your interests and hobbies?
I am interested in music, basketball, and real estate/architecture. Also, going out and having new experiences, like Beijing.
- Anything else you would like us to know about you?
I focus a lot of my energy on integrating all my identities into the work that I do, the relationships that I build, and the opportunities I chase. I hope to learn more about that through my experience and sharing it with others on this blog.