Collin Ulmer is a University of Florida student studying abroad during Summer C of 2017 in Beijing, China. To learn more about his program, click here: UF in Beijing – Internship (Chinese Commerce and Culture).
- What is your year and academic concentration?
I am going into my Sophomore year, with dual majors of Criminology and Music.
- Have you traveled abroad before? If so, where and for what purpose?
I have never been out of the United States! One time, I was on the border of Detroit and Canada, but I never actually crossed the border.
- Have you studied abroad before? If so, where and what did you study?
- What are you most looking forward to during your study abroad program?
I am looking forward to many things in this internship, but the most exciting thing in my mind is experiencing new culture. Because I have never been out of the country, I cannot even begin to explain my excitement for a non-American society.
- What are some of your interests and hobbies?
My interests include playing in various music ensembles, spending time with my friends and family, working at the J. Wayne Reitz Union, and taking part in other clubs and organizations around campus.