Okay friends. We are about to endeavor on a 3-4 week journey across Europe! It’s been a long while waiting and, if I may say so myself, I deserve it! After a very stressful exam period I am looking forward to this holiday. I cannot express my excitement for this trip and if I’m honest, I am quite nervous. Hostels, foreign language, strange lands??? It’s exactly what I need.
Throughout this holiday I will keep posting about each city I visit so stay tuned! For now, here’s an itinerary of this trip.
Manchester, United Kingdom: Friday, March 24th (1 Night)
- Finish my exams without dying
- Catch a train to Manchester as we have an early flight to Brussels the next morning
Brussels, Belgium: Saturday, March 25th (2 days)
- Leave at 7:50am Ryanair to Brussels
- Check into Hostel
- Get chocolate, Belgium fries, and their beer
Copenhagen, Denmark: Monday, March 27th (3 days)
- Take-off at 6:40am!
- Check into “Sleep in Heaven”
- See the colorful buildings, danish pastries, and their beer
Berlin, Germany: Thursday March 30th (2 1/2 days)
- Catch the early bus at 6:30am (It’s 8 hours long!)
- Check into hostel
- Try Currywurst… I’m a little frightened by this idea
- and beer
Warsaw, Poland: Sunday April 2nd (3 days)
- Catch a bus to Warsaw ( 7 1/2 hr bus ride)
- Check in to Hostel
- Kiełbasa Wiejska (Sausage) and saurkrout. Easy enough.
Krawkow, Poland: Wednesday, April 5th (3 days)
- Catch yet another bus at 12:00 pm and arrive at 4:55pm
- The history of the holocaust is greatly captured by this city so as expected, there is a lot to take in.
Bratislava, Slovakia: Saturday, April 8th (2 days)
- Bus at 12:45 arriving at 7:05 pm
- Check in to hostel
- I don’t know much Slovakia so I’m going to wait to see what the local people tell me is typical of Bratislava.
Budapest, Hungary: Monday, April 10th (3 days)
- Take the afternoon bus for a short ride of 2 hours to Budapest!
- Check in to hostel
- Apparently, this is an amazing destination for a foodie!
Vienna, Austria: Thursday, April 13th (3 days)
- Afternoon bus (3 hours)
- Museums galore!
- The music and art! UGH!
Prague, Czech Republic: Sunday, April 16th (2 days)
- Early bus, 4 hours
- I have a huge list of places I want to see and places I need to eat (courtesy of Daniela)
- ***This is where I diverge from my group and head back to Lancaster for 2 days. Unfortunately, I am still a student and need to finish an essay….
- See below for my diversion
Munich, Germany: Tuesday, April 18th (2 days)
- 4 hour bus ride in the afternoon. Arrive by 7pm
- Check into hostel – Jaeger’s Munich
Nuremberg, Germany: Thursday, April 20th (2 days)
- 2 hour bus from Munich
- Check into hostel – Five Reasons
Manchester, United Kingdom: Saturday, April 22nd
- They finish their trip in Nuremberg and catch an afternoon flight back to the UK.
***Lancaster, United Kingdom: Tuesday, April 18th (3 days)
- Early flight out of Prague to Manchester. Then a train to Lancaster, (7 hr journey)
- Finish my law essay and turn it in.
- Wash clothes and pack for a weekend in Edinburgh, Scotland.
***Edinburgh, Scotland: Friday, April 21 (3 days)
- My friend Amelia from uni in the US is coming to visit her sister in Scotland so I am meeting her there. (Any excuse I can use to visit Scotland!)
- Train back to Lancaster for the start of the Summer term.
Later on I will include the details about where exactly I stayed and the cost of the trip down to the nitty-gritty. For now this is just a general overview. Note that I am traveling with a backpack and a carry on luggage! It was a lot easier to pack for this trip than I expected. Anything bigger than a carry on is excessive and completely a waste of energy and money. I’ll post updates as often as I can!
Wish me luck! 🙂