Victoria Williamson is a University of Florida student studying abroad for Spring 2017 in Florianopolis, Brazil. To learn more about her program, click here: ISA – Florianopolis.
- What is your year and academic concentration?
I am a first year Psychology and International Studies major with a focus on Latin America and the Caribbean and a minor in Portuguese.
- Have you traveled abroad before? If so, where and for what purpose?
I have been blessed with parents who really value traveling so I’ve had the opportunity to travel ever since I was a little girl. I have been to Brazil several times, Costa Rica, Uruguay, Argentina, Spain, and France.
- Have you studied abroad before? If so, where and what did you study?
Nope! This will be my first time!
- Where are you studying abroad and why did you choose to study there?
Florianopolis, Brazil. I’ve been there once before when I was a little girl but I don’t really remember it very well. It’s a beautiful island on the Southern coast of Brazil and I’m very excited to get to know the people there! I am Brazilian but I’ve never had the opportunity to live or study there so I am very excited for the chance to do that and experience the culture and lifestyle for myself.
- What are you most looking forward to during your study abroad program?
I’m most excited to get to know the people who live in Florianopolis… but eating homemade Brazilian food is definitely a close second!
- What are some of your interests and hobbies?
I love anything exercise related: running, weight lifting, and yoga. I also love food; not as much cooking it as eating it.