Alexis Murrow is a University of Florida student studying abroad for Spring 2017 in Lancaster, United Kingdom. To learn more about her program, click here: Lancaster University.
- What is your year and academic concentration?
I am Sophomore studying Economics and International Studies.
- Have you traveled abroad before? If so, where and for what purpose?
I have never traveled abroad!!!
- Have you studied abroad before? If so, where and what did you study?
Nope, but I am so excited to finally do so!
- Where are you studying abroad and why did you choose to study there?
I will be studying at Lancaster University in Lancaster, England. I chose to study here because of the quality of education offered. Lancaster University is ranked among the top 10 universities in the UK. I also highly considered the location. I thought Lancaster was located in the perfect location. It’s a small city that is close to Scotland and Manchester. It is 3 hours away from London but I though this city would give me a better feel for the “British Lifestyle”!
- What are you most looking forward to during your study abroad program?
I am most looking forward to meeting the locals and making new friends. Also, I’ve never been out of the US so seeing something different is very exciting.
- What are some of your interests and hobbies?
My interests include International Politics (Yikes…) and people. I love to go exploring so whatever that may include, I enjoy. I have been playing the piano and singing since I was little and I just recently started Irish step dancing! I would really like to find groups or clubs that will help me stay connected!