Rachel Neale is a University of Florida student studying abroad for Fall 2016 in Saint Petersburg, Russia. To learn more about her program, click here: CIEE – St. Petersburg.
- What is your year and academic concentration?
I am a fourth year psychology and international studies double major, with a minor in Russian.
- Have you traveled abroad before? If so, where and for what purpose?
Yes, once before to Israel in the past week or so. I went to visit a close friend and explore the “Promise land”.
- Have you studied abroad before? If so, where and what did you study?
No, I have not.
- Where are you studying abroad and why did you choose to study there?
I am studying abroad in St. Petersburg, Russia. I chose to study there in order to experience the culture and meet the people I’ve dedicated my education to.
- What are you most looking forward to during your study abroad program?
I’m most looking forward to getting first-hand perspectives on topics in my studies, such as the Soviet lifestyle, Putin’s regime, and what it’s like living in a country that’s been through so much transition. I’m also very excited for the Bolshoi and Mariinsky theaters, which are the venues for Russian ballet!
- What are some of your interests and hobbies?
I’m very interested in art, theater, and ethnography and my hobbies are yoga, photography, and cycling!