Irina Bigoulaeva is a University of Florida student studying abroad for Fall 2016 in Bonn, Germany. To learn more about her program, click here: Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms Universität Bonn.
- What is your year and academic concentration?
My majors are Philosophy and Linguistics and my minor is Math.
- Have you traveled abroad before? If so, where and for what purpose?
During tenth grade, I traveled to London for six days in a small group with my English teacher. The purpose was to visit and learn about some Shakespeare-related locations, since we were reading his plays at the time. I’ve also traveled to Russia a few times to visit relatives.
- Have you studied abroad before? If so, where and what did you study?
Apart from London, I’ve never studied abroad before.
- Where are you studying abroad and why did you choose to study there?
I’m studying abroad in Bonn, Germany. I’ve been learning the language for four years now and want to become fluent. Also, I’ve always wanted to study abroad, so this program will give me the chance to do both.
- What are you most looking forward to during your study abroad program?
Language immersion and experiencing daily life in Germany.
- What are some of your interests and hobbies?
Writing, music, walking, and studying languages.