Besan Abdel-Khaleq is a University of Florida student studying abroad for Fall 2016 in Manchester, United Kingdom. To learn more about her program, click here: Advanced Pharmacy Practical Experience – Manchester.
- What is your year and academic concentration?
I am a fourth year Pharmacy student.
- Have you traveled abroad before? If so, where and for what purpose?
I have traveled abroad many times. I have traveled to many countries in the Middle East (Jordan, Palestine, Kuwait, and Bahrain), Europe (Spain, France, Italy, Malta, Switzerland, Portugal, and Ireland) and have also visited Canada and Australia. They were mainly for vacations or visiting family.
- Have you studied abroad before? If so, where and what did you study?
I took part in the College of Pharmacy’s Short Study Abroad program, PharMItalia in the summer of 2015 for 3 weeks, which included touring many cities in Malta and Italy. We visited a number a pharmacy schools, pharmacies, as well as hospitals and had the chance to compare and contrast the career of pharmacy abroad versus in the US.
- Where are you studying abroad and why did you choose to study there?
I will be studying abroad in Manchester, England for the month of October and will be at the University of Manchester. I have never been to England and it would be nice to learn about the career in this country.
- What are you most looking forward to during your study abroad program?
I am looking forward to all the opportunities the University of Manchester is allowing us to take part in. It seems like they have a busy schedule for us all planned out, including visiting some rural pharmacies and national meetings.
- What are some of your interests and hobbies?
My interests include traveling and really immersing myself into the cultures of the many countries. I also enjoy just spending time with family and friends.