Lauren Wittine is a University of Florida student studying abroad for Summer C 2016 in London, England. To learn more about her program, click here: USAC – London.
- What is your year and academic concentration?
I’m a sophomore double majoring in Music (Organ Performance—yes, that’s a real thing) and English.
- Have you traveled abroad before? If so, where and for what purpose?
My grandmother loves to travel and I’ve been lucky enough to go on several trips with her including to Europe and the Bahamas. This will be my first study abroad experience, though.
- Where are you studying abroad and why did you choose to study there?
London. This was one of the places I visited on my previous Europe trip. We only spent 5 days there and I knew after the first few hours that I had to go back. Their history has always fascinated me, not to mention their music, culture (yay English TV) and their fish and chips.
- What are you most looking forward to during your study abroad program?
One of my classes is theater-based so I’ll be seeing plays every week. It will be great to take in the culture and get to discuss it with other students who are equally excited. I’m also hoping to venture out of the city and see what else the country has to offer.
- What are some of your interests and hobbies?
Much of my life is centered on music (choir rehearsals, organ practice, etc) and I love it. I’m also a big Disney nerd, cat lover, and a total food snob.
Thanks for coming on this adventure with me!