Valentina Otero is a University of Florida student studying abroad for Summer C 2016 in Paris, France. To learn more about her program, click here: UF in Paris – Business.
- What is your year and academic concentration?
I am a 4th year, soon to be 5th year, Chemical Engineering major with a minor in Packaging Science and Business Administration.
- Have you traveled abroad before? If so, where and for what purpose?
Yes! I have traveled abroad multiple times. I was boring in Venezuela and have traveled there many times to visit family. However, traveling is one of my favorite things to do so I try to take a vacation trip at least once a year. I have been to many places but for example last summer I went to Paris, Madrid, Budapest and Istanbul.
- Have you studied abroad before? If so, where and what did you study?
Technically yes, I have studied abroad but not in the way you would traditionally think of a study abroad program. I actually lived in Madrid, Spain when I was 12 and completed 7th and 8th there.
- Where are you studying abroad and why did you choose to study there?
I am studying abroad in Paris, France! I chose this program because it had always been a dream of mine to study abroad in Paris. I’m excited for the change of pace that is living in a city and being surrounded by art and history.
- What are you most looking forward to during your study abroad program?
I’m looking forward to a lot of things but mainly improving my French and having the ability to travel to other countries with ease. I have a very long list of places that I am very excited to visit but will also make the most of living in Paris and soaking up all of the art and fashion culture.
- What are some of your interests and hobbies?
My hobbies/interests are traveling & exploring, cooking & baking (eating in general), running, reading, and photography.