Shanna Merceron is a University of Florida student studying abroad for Summer B 2016 in Cambridge, England. To learn more about her program, click here: UF in Cambridge – European History.
- What is your year and academic concentration?
I am a third year English major with a minor in Educational Studies and a concentration in Creative Writing.
- Have you traveled abroad before? If so, where and for what purpose?
I’ve travelled abroad before to Mexico, The Bahamas, the Cayman Islands, and other islands in the Caribbean for family vacations. This will be my first time where the destination isn’t aimed at beaches, and I’m so ready for it!
- Have you studied abroad before? If so, where and what did you study?
This is my first time studying abroad! I am bursting with excitement for all of the academic opportunities I will have abroad, as well as for completely immersing myself in the cultures.
- Where are you studying abroad and why did you choose to study there?
I am taking part in the UF in Cambridge program. There is a small group of only fifteen of us selected, and we will spend a week in Paris, and then three weeks in Cambridge with some weekend trips. I’ve always had my sights on France so I could practice the language, and I find the history of both places absolutely dark and enchanting.
- What are you most looking forward to during your study abroad program?
I’m looking forward to really connecting with my professor and fellow students, and getting elbows deep in the Cambridge library when I research for my project. And of course, Paris.
- What are some of your interests and hobbies?
I love to write, I want to be a writer for a living. So that means I love to read too. I’m also a martial artist and photographer. I’m an intern for College Fashionista as well, so fashion is up there in my interests.