Caroline Jinks is a University of Florida student studying abroad for Summer A 2016 in Florence, Italy. To learn more about her program, click here: UF in Florence – Global Perspectives.
- What is your year and academic concentration?
Advertising major with an outside concentration in art.
- Have you studied abroad before? If so, where and what did you study?
I have never studied abroad before. In fact, this study abroad experience will be my first taste of Europe!
- Where are you studying abroad and why did you choose to study there?
I’m studying abroad in Florence, Italy. I took an art history class my freshman year and have been particularly interested in the Renaissance ever since – I couldn’t pass up this opportunity. I also love gelato.
- What are you most looking forward to during your study abroad program?
I’m most looking forward to living within a culture with an amount of history I’ve only read about. It’s going to be an entirely new experience and I really don’t know what to expect – a true culture shock and I’m so about it.
- What are some of your interests and hobbies?
Some of my hobbies include painting, finding funky restaurants, and listening to records. I have a collection that dates back to when my dad was in college and some of my favorite artists include James Taylor, Billy Joel, The Eagles, and Carole King. So yes, I have the music taste of a 50-year-old man but I try to rock it – no pun intended.