Danitza Yukopila is a University of Florida student studying abroad for the Spring 2016 semester in Utrecht, Netherlands. If you want to learn more about her program, click here: Universiteit Utrecht.
- What is your year and academic concentration?
I am a junior pursuing Public Relations major with a business minor. I’m also doing course work for my masters in Intercultural Communications.
- Have you traveled abroad before? If so, where and for what purpose?
I was born in Colombia, so I’ve been to Colombia many times throughout my life to visit family. When I was 15 years old, my older sister studied abroad through UF in Rome. My dad and I decided to make a trip out of it, and we backpacked through Croatia to Italy, and dropped off my sister for her semester abroad.
- Have you studied abroad before? If so, where and what did you study?
I’ve never studied abroad before.
- Where are you studying abroad and why did you choose to study there?
After I saw the great experience and impact studying I chose to study in Utrecht, the Netherlands. I chose to go here after meeting awesome Dutch people that were on an exchange program. I was choosing between Mannheim, Germany and Utrecht, and when I met so many people from Utrecht; I decided that’s where I wanted to spend my semester abroad. I truly enjoy learning about Dutch culture and can’t wait to see what this semester brings.
- What are you most looking forward to during your study abroad program?
I am looking forward to learning some Dutch and traveling around the Netherlands and all of Europe.
- What are some of your interests and hobbies?
I enjoy traveling, eating and meeting new people.