Tayler Woelcke is a University of Florida student studying abroad in Egham, Surrey, England. If you want to learn more about her program, click here: Royal Holloway University of London.
- What is your year and academic concentration?
I am an senior English major with a double minor in Business Administration and Mass Communications.
- Have you traveled abroad before? If so, where and for what purpose?
I was born in Canada and lived there until I was almost ten, so my family and I travelled to Canada a lot when I was younger to visit family and friends, after we moved to the United States. I also went to Italy and Greece before my sophomore year of high school.
- Have you studied abroad before? If so, where and what did you study?
I have not.
- Where are you studying abroad and why did you choose to study there?
I am studying abroad in Egham, Surrey in England at Royal Holloway. I chose to study there because I really wanted the chance to study English Literature in England. Moreover, the school itself is absolutely beautiful, it looks like a castle, and it’s only 40 minutes outside of London, so I’ll be able to visit the city as often as I choose.
- What are you most looking forward to during your study abroad program?
I’m most looking forward to meeting new people abroad. I really enjoy making new friends, and I’m excited to meet lots of new people from different places!
- What are some of your interests and hobbies?
I love spending time with my friends and family, reading, watching theatre, sitting outside with my dog, and meeting new people. Cheers!